From mboxrd@z Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 Return-Path: Received: from mail02.haj.ipfire.org (localhost [IPv6:::1]) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 4gYypm6PdVz2xXH for ; Mon, 08 Jun 2026 16:55:44 +0000 (UTC) Received: from mail01.ipfire.org (mail01.haj.ipfire.org [172.28.1.202]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange x25519) (Client CN "mail01.haj.ipfire.org", Issuer "R12" (not verified)) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 4gYypj3q8vz2xM3 for ; Mon, 08 Jun 2026 16:55:41 +0000 (UTC) Received: from [127.0.0.1] (localhost [127.0.0.1]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange x25519 server-signature RSA-PSS (4096 bits) server-digest SHA256) (No client certificate requested) by mail01.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 4gYyph3zKzz33; Mon, 08 Jun 2026 16:55:40 +0000 (UTC) DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=ed25519-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003ed25519; t=1780937740; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=Qx33vFLe08wBaWRoMIG+pJNZt5C0GItjQT+CsmQ9PJA=; b=cD/rXErjy3xV+M29ThEi6P1NI1eq/YOGVPllShGvc/6qcAx7SiZVot6IuYOjWymCjl1hw/ Fgfk5+sIiO7zAnDw== DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003rsa; t=1780937740; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=Qx33vFLe08wBaWRoMIG+pJNZt5C0GItjQT+CsmQ9PJA=; b=oDwnAHasjA0xWlhfBWZ6rYUXDeYXHD2kRb1FHvrF7Wi1DsZs7zKht4HKKIuW7Uo3AATQV9 nNLrzslMrD7ojE5NsEF/Wl1HS0fDfdHuVn0zcKBri4wHeUt3R4ckLy36PISgp+I8oLrKN0 7J00gVIohntbp7tfvK9EKIXADraNPCEkKP9o8Xwg+hBzxqaR4bz7WADrptNTJf+roJK5A4 r6Hi6DYshxYgLO3WZjBO4wqOffLuzTY3sn0EnVMelXs4DrY9HfSpXXrsV7L/r/ppR4N1MU YeoUC6TLsy0dBS+mXMxwMCmAUIFVfPTbNHK/HKBIyPbMiZ4e6Ic1Kh1LHR7bMg== From: Stefan Schantl To: Adolf Belka , "IPFire: Development-List" CC: Matthias Fischer Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2026 18:55:38 +0200 Message-ID: <19ea8294710.27e7.cac9d3ffac9e24d09d20af05166fd73b@ipfire.org> In-Reply-To: <92c47de1-a58e-4120-97b0-8b8f2b3014ee@ipfire.org> References: <530a1f74-957c-4c3f-a3ea-7c5c0962bbae@ipfire.org> <7FD296B9-B63A-401D-8972-38C03D3E9F06@ipfire.org> <0038d0e6-6ec4-42c4-9e5c-9ad4811c46f4@ipfire.org> <92c47de1-a58e-4120-97b0-8b8f2b3014ee@ipfire.org> Subject: Re: Unending item build Precedence: list List-Id: List-Subscribe: , List-Unsubscribe: , List-Post: List-Help: Sender: Mail-Followup-To: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="19ea8294898355b27e789b60f4" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --19ea8294898355b27e789b60f4 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Hi @all, I've also stumbled over this issue from time to time. So let's give the fix a try. Best regards, -Stefan Am 8. Juni 2026 18:14:30 schrieb Adolf Belka : > Hi Michael and Matthias, > > On 08/06/2026 16:09, Matthias Fischer wrote: >> On 08.06.2026 16:03, Michael Tremer wrote: >>> Hello Matthias, >> Hi Michael, >> >>>> On 8 Jun 2026, at 12:58, Matthias Fischer wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi all, >>>> >>>> I'd like to warm up an old problem...perhaps I found something like a >>>> solution. >>>> >>>> The original problem is rather old - it dates from 2025-01-15. It still >>>> can be found here: >>>> https://marc.info/?l=ipfire-development&m=173691503411708 >>>> >>>> Once in a while I experienced the same problem like Jon - building >>>> stopped suddenly: "./make.sh build goes into a loop and builds an item >>>> forever." And it doesn't matter which item. Either the counter kept >>>> running indefinitely, or it stopped displaying anything at all. >>>> >>>> That was pretty annoying. No errors, nothing in the logs. After stopping >>>> the build with CTRL-C and restarting the whole build, usually everything >>>> ran through and worked again as if nothing had happened. >>>> >>>> The last message often was just "make: Leaving directory '/usr/src/lfs'" >>>> and that was all. >>>> >>>> Lastly I was thinking it might have something to do with counters. >>>> So I changed "while sleep 1" to "while sleep 2" in 'make.sh'. Nothing more. >>>> >>>> Since then buildings are running without stopping anymore... >>>> >>>> Did anyone had similar problems? >>> Very rarely. I think I have seen it before, but I cannot reproduce it at all. >> Yep. It happens just now and then, you never know when and why... > > I also very occasionally get the same problem. I have also had it when > doing a build on the IPFire aarch64 and riscv64 builder. >>> I am happy to remove the timer entirely because it would be sufficient to >>> see the build time after the package has finished building. >> +1. You got my vote. The simpler, the better. >>> Would anyone be opposed to that? >> No. ;-) > > I have no problems with that. > > Regards, > > Adolf. >> Best >> Matthias > > -- > Sent from my laptop --19ea8294898355b27e789b60f4 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi @all,

I've also stumbled over this issue from time= to time.

So let's give = the fix a try.

Best rega= rds,

-Stefan
Am 8. Juni 2026 18:14:30 schrieb Adolf Belka <adolf.be= lka@ipfire.org>:

Hi Michael and Matthias,

On 08/06/2026 16:09, Matthias Fischer wrote:
On 08.06.2026 16:03, Michael Tremer wrote:
Hello Matthias,
Hi Michael,

On 8 Jun 2026, at 12:58, Matthias Fischer <matthias.fi= scher@ipfire.org> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to warm up an old problem...perhaps I found some= thing like a
solution.

The original problem is rather old - it dates from 2025-0= 1-15. It still
can be found here:
https://marc.info/?l=3Dipfire-development&m=3D1736915= 03411708

Once in a while I experienced the same problem like Jon -= building
stopped suddenly: "./make.sh build  goes into a loop= and builds an item
forever." And it doesn't matter which item. Either the co= unter kept
running indefinitely, or it stopped displaying anything a= t all.

That was pretty annoying. No errors, nothing in the logs.= After stopping
the build with CTRL-C and restarting the whole build, usu= ally everything
ran through and worked again as if nothing had happened.<= /div>

The last message often was just "make: Leaving directory = '/usr/src/lfs'"
and that was all.

Lastly I was thinking it might have something to do with = counters.
So I changed "while sleep 1" to "while sleep 2" in 'make.= sh'. Nothing more.

Since then buildings are running without stopping anymore= ...

Did anyone had similar problems?
Very rarely. I think I have seen it before, but I cannot = reproduce it at all.
Yep. It happens just now and then, you never know when an= d why...

I also very occasionally get the same problem. I have als= o had it when 
doing a build on the IPFire aarch64 and riscv64 builder.<= /div>
I am happy to remove the timer entirely because it would = be sufficient to see the build time after the package has finished building= .
+1. You got my vote. The simpler, the better.
Would anyone be opposed to that?
No. ;-)

I have no problems with that.

Regards,

Adolf.
Best
Matthias



-- 
Sent from my laptop

--19ea8294898355b27e789b60f4--