From mboxrd@z Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 Return-Path: Received: from mail02.haj.ipfire.org (localhost [IPv6:::1]) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 4gZcl73RxZz2xVX for ; Tue, 09 Jun 2026 18:24:51 +0000 (UTC) Received: from mail01.ipfire.org (mail01.haj.ipfire.org [IPv6:2001:678:b28::25]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange x25519 server-signature ECDSA (secp384r1 raw public key) server-digest SHA384 client-signature RSA-PSS (4096 bits) client-digest SHA256) (Client CN "mail01.haj.ipfire.org", Issuer "R12" (not verified)) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 4gZcl41JRxz2xJ0 for ; Tue, 09 Jun 2026 18:24:48 +0000 (UTC) Received: from [127.0.0.1] (localhost [127.0.0.1]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by mail01.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 4gZcl240GfzSr; Tue, 09 Jun 2026 18:24:46 +0000 (UTC) DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=ed25519-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003ed25519; t=1781029486; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: content-transfer-encoding:content-transfer-encoding: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=+oCadbY/eQNvmEYaa9gM3h1iwVd0SkEaq9K7FlYgIz0=; b=RpSpcGRpTEgVUk3H5IV7WRtXYNYWWz7gOrucYA0k0MSTkdAdLkpEEebt3OMhK8p/Xyf+BF frVZ0Cpz2FgOKCAQ== DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003rsa; t=1781029486; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: content-transfer-encoding:content-transfer-encoding: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=+oCadbY/eQNvmEYaa9gM3h1iwVd0SkEaq9K7FlYgIz0=; b=RQabyEl1FiVZvrhNRbYt43Cwt1OAGuIKrCGb6NUTYiKURIZ3ZsDPprbjgbjrBKH1MKZBVF qI6N6Y4NBSbXwVQ6OrRNI6TEFJa4kMlftPN3XUnHk1h5SccnlWshQAFVFhxRxfXqedzELt qhqy9A9nlz1ET+KFVLmA8UBH1UfTXL7+2xVSh7tSZIgHXwVqiBT1hCBRoGqqBmWK6pGUlF iZwYwVSabbZRPHn7ZFr1kqLflauAe7qF2we17vkjOPrRO94Qo3PZyPWK1/Nzvl8Au67v47 aWqmOnaiZ6IfmmqxVxvANTD8eqGFyVEcoEay930JkZgZdz4QG649NOgGcgzZQQ== Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Precedence: list List-Id: List-Subscribe: , List-Unsubscribe: , List-Post: List-Help: Sender: Mail-Followup-To: Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: Unending item build From: Michael Tremer In-Reply-To: Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2026 19:24:45 +0100 Cc: development@lists.ipfire.org Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Message-Id: <598D4CBF-4F7F-401C-9B59-EF6298758777@ipfire.org> References: <530a1f74-957c-4c3f-a3ea-7c5c0962bbae@ipfire.org> <7FD296B9-B63A-401D-8972-38C03D3E9F06@ipfire.org> <0038d0e6-6ec4-42c4-9e5c-9ad4811c46f4@ipfire.org> <92c47de1-a58e-4120-97b0-8b8f2b3014ee@ipfire.org> <19ea8294710.27e7.cac9d3ffac9e24d09d20af05166fd73b@ipfire.org> To: Matthias Fischer Hello Matthias, You can run the build like this: ./make.sh build < /dev/null The script will then think that it is not talking to a console and just = print the default output instead of the timer. Best, -Michael > On 9 Jun 2026, at 18:47, Matthias Fischer = wrote: >=20 > Hi all, >=20 > Okay, I got my hopes up too soon =E2=80=94 after about ten rounds with = 'next' > and several builds the build got stuck again today. This time it = stopped > while compiling a firmware update which needs about four seconds. = Timer > disappeared and nothing happens... >=20 > So my 'sleep 2' fix looked good at first sight, worked for a few days, > but didn't help, sorry. >=20 > @Michael: > How do I get rid of this d**** counter the fastest and easiest = way...!? ;-) >=20 > Best > Matthias >=20 > On 08.06.2026 18:55, Stefan Schantl wrote: >>=20 >> Hi @all, >>=20 >> I've also stumbled over this issue from time to time. >>=20 >> So let's give the fix a try. >>=20 >> Best regards, >>=20 >> -Stefan >> Am 8. Juni 2026 18:14:30 schrieb Adolf Belka = : >>=20 >>> Hi Michael and Matthias, >>>=20 >>> On 08/06/2026 16:09, Matthias Fischer wrote: >>>> On 08.06.2026 16:03, Michael Tremer wrote: >>>>> Hello Matthias, >>>> Hi Michael, >>>>=20 >>>>>> On 8 Jun 2026, at 12:58, Matthias Fischer = wrote: >>>>>>=20 >>>>>> Hi all, >>>>>>=20 >>>>>> I'd like to warm up an old problem...perhaps I found something = like a >>>>>> solution. >>>>>>=20 >>>>>> The original problem is rather old - it dates from 2025-01-15. It = still >>>>>> can be found here: >>>>>> https://marc.info/?l=3Dipfire-development&m=3D173691503411708 >>>>>>=20 >>>>>> Once in a while I experienced the same problem like Jon - = building >>>>>> stopped suddenly: "./make.sh build goes into a loop and builds = an item >>>>>> forever." And it doesn't matter which item. Either the counter = kept >>>>>> running indefinitely, or it stopped displaying anything at all. >>>>>>=20 >>>>>> That was pretty annoying. No errors, nothing in the logs. After = stopping >>>>>> the build with CTRL-C and restarting the whole build, usually = everything >>>>>> ran through and worked again as if nothing had happened. >>>>>>=20 >>>>>> The last message often was just "make: Leaving directory = '/usr/src/lfs'" >>>>>> and that was all. >>>>>>=20 >>>>>> Lastly I was thinking it might have something to do with = counters. >>>>>> So I changed "while sleep 1" to "while sleep 2" in 'make.sh'. = Nothing more. >>>>>>=20 >>>>>> Since then buildings are running without stopping anymore... >>>>>>=20 >>>>>> Did anyone had similar problems? >>>>> Very rarely. I think I have seen it before, but I cannot reproduce = it at all. >>>> Yep. It happens just now and then, you never know when and why... >>>=20 >>> I also very occasionally get the same problem. I have also had it = when >>> doing a build on the IPFire aarch64 and riscv64 builder. >>>>> I am happy to remove the timer entirely because it would be = sufficient to=20 >>>>> see the build time after the package has finished building. >>>> +1. You got my vote. The simpler, the better. >>>>> Would anyone be opposed to that? >>>> No. ;-) >>>=20 >>> I have no problems with that. >>>=20 >>> Regards, >>>=20 >>> Adolf. >>>> Best >>>> Matthias >>>=20 >>> -- >>> Sent from my laptop >>=20 >>=20 >=20 >=20