From mboxrd@z Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 Return-Path: Received: from mail02.haj.ipfire.org (localhost [IPv6:::1]) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 4gYtzk0J6pz32K7 for ; Mon, 08 Jun 2026 14:03:14 +0000 (UTC) Received: from mail01.ipfire.org (mail01.haj.ipfire.org [172.28.1.202]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange x25519 server-signature ECDSA (secp384r1 raw public key) server-digest SHA384 client-signature RSA-PSS (4096 bits) client-digest SHA256) (Client CN "mail01.haj.ipfire.org", Issuer "R12" (not verified)) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 4gYtzf4cmBz2xLl for ; Mon, 08 Jun 2026 14:03:10 +0000 (UTC) Received: from [127.0.0.1] (localhost [127.0.0.1]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by mail01.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 4gYtzf0vrlz10R; Mon, 08 Jun 2026 14:03:10 +0000 (UTC) DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=ed25519-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003ed25519; t=1780927390; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: content-transfer-encoding:content-transfer-encoding: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=peLvCmNbBDmQXlTWKpRBch7Hjdk+BbuLF+x3XX7pbSE=; b=YSn2I0et0ghUeHtEJBMxFhWqvnVgql3aOAL3DqlxWcv7Ht7J+iMVbSPBMuPat1LhVps7c3 HmoRtLjl49l7yfCQ== DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003rsa; t=1780927390; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: content-transfer-encoding:content-transfer-encoding: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=peLvCmNbBDmQXlTWKpRBch7Hjdk+BbuLF+x3XX7pbSE=; b=kgx8VF+dW5hk2RKXwBlhpqxjsitR8j5ITxTg9zR2gzjEhr+sgvWX1ihlTHRJUKLhT0Dwwn Embn/2B3sXtJk2M43TxhE6m/VNBpeG21hgmohPDF9k2QSeAf8rhvw4mLlHzvIpbjXLcK55 cm4Ai2izMYB8xFNObRRFW4KdM+aS0t2Jo+wEfwRsSWSmuK6fMyiPZqyMvr6QPhT26AToiZ w5p9YunTAM2shULIVY5gdrA/tjbJU3tZV/yYTnSBWcOs7YNLp6vNybgJUbi+kxcDWMTF+V aDDeBiXP0W+9mIldQc2gAN9YnXevm6KEdIyjF6/3vfeEKTc0k0OrexvVxOA4+g== Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Precedence: list List-Id: List-Subscribe: , List-Unsubscribe: , List-Post: List-Help: Sender: Mail-Followup-To: Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: Unending item build From: Michael Tremer In-Reply-To: <530a1f74-957c-4c3f-a3ea-7c5c0962bbae@ipfire.org> Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2026 15:03:09 +0100 Cc: "IPFire: Development-List" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Message-Id: <7FD296B9-B63A-401D-8972-38C03D3E9F06@ipfire.org> References: <530a1f74-957c-4c3f-a3ea-7c5c0962bbae@ipfire.org> To: Matthias Fischer Hello Matthias, > On 8 Jun 2026, at 12:58, Matthias Fischer = wrote: >=20 > Hi all, >=20 > I'd like to warm up an old problem...perhaps I found something like a > solution. >=20 > The original problem is rather old - it dates from 2025-01-15. It = still > can be found here: > https://marc.info/?l=3Dipfire-development&m=3D173691503411708 >=20 > Once in a while I experienced the same problem like Jon - building > stopped suddenly: "./make.sh build goes into a loop and builds an = item > forever." And it doesn't matter which item. Either the counter kept > running indefinitely, or it stopped displaying anything at all. >=20 > That was pretty annoying. No errors, nothing in the logs. After = stopping > the build with CTRL-C and restarting the whole build, usually = everything > ran through and worked again as if nothing had happened. >=20 > The last message often was just "make: Leaving directory = '/usr/src/lfs'" > and that was all. >=20 > Lastly I was thinking it might have something to do with counters. > So I changed "while sleep 1" to "while sleep 2" in 'make.sh'. Nothing = more. >=20 > Since then buildings are running without stopping anymore... >=20 > Did anyone had similar problems? Very rarely. I think I have seen it before, but I cannot reproduce it at = all. I am happy to remove the timer entirely because it would be sufficient = to see the build time after the package has finished building. Would anyone be opposed to that? -Michael > Best > Matthias >=20 >=20