From mboxrd@z Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 Return-Path: Received: from mail02.haj.ipfire.org (localhost [IPv6:::1]) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 4gYxv85XR6z32fs for ; Mon, 08 Jun 2026 16:14:28 +0000 (UTC) Received: from mail01.ipfire.org (mail01.haj.ipfire.org [172.28.1.202]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange x25519 server-signature ECDSA (secp384r1 raw public key) server-digest SHA384 client-signature RSA-PSS (4096 bits) client-digest SHA256) (Client CN "mail01.haj.ipfire.org", Issuer "R12" (not verified)) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 4gYxv52y5yz2xJk for ; Mon, 08 Jun 2026 16:14:25 +0000 (UTC) Received: from [127.0.0.1] (localhost [127.0.0.1]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange x25519 server-signature RSA-PSS (4096 bits) server-digest SHA256) (No client certificate requested) by mail01.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 4gYxv33Y0DzDM; Mon, 08 Jun 2026 16:14:23 +0000 (UTC) DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=ed25519-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003ed25519; t=1780935263; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: content-transfer-encoding:content-transfer-encoding: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=97i2/V1mD7o9b4ziVz/2lw6E2Aa3Xb4CFhQb5nCkmRg=; b=cULJBd7A4mx5gD1ohYL2Cv69WF6UCZxpreamXqCS5MNqD2vXjpei1nG6t4qRe6nFmQwbAI tYLZff4wS2UrvHBw== DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003rsa; t=1780935263; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: content-transfer-encoding:content-transfer-encoding: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=97i2/V1mD7o9b4ziVz/2lw6E2Aa3Xb4CFhQb5nCkmRg=; b=mcxw5eKzm7kYJ2ohAhElG7BuY4snclolL+OwT46tE9DQalJ3MKzFZXAnL6CvXWKvPs2gai PuYf7ME12Yn8PK1DyXL0EUuIBP2A5ffMTdO1xHNnNT7F/Px6mO0MN1w6by6Ovwe+xf5Ulb wUMCHxnXA5PZ+B1FOVrZIapQQ0EEZSZiMgObQ8juSpaYwut7sd3Jh6pKs+BJSKo3IAY8Ai kHqzy2pQUZfA9JfyizjmEBQSlkNajcN5mQUZs0f2RGrJXOMjS2Po9/cQsLNNRFT1GRu4cv tGGpRfPtoSFNTD/EH4xaaNTh034RfGwSpNfmojjCH/OyJ49WU9bgwfBLLJ1R2A== Message-ID: <92c47de1-a58e-4120-97b0-8b8f2b3014ee@ipfire.org> Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2026 18:14:19 +0200 Precedence: list List-Id: List-Subscribe: , List-Unsubscribe: , List-Post: List-Help: Sender: Mail-Followup-To: MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: Unending item build To: "IPFire: Development-List" References: <530a1f74-957c-4c3f-a3ea-7c5c0962bbae@ipfire.org> <7FD296B9-B63A-401D-8972-38C03D3E9F06@ipfire.org> <0038d0e6-6ec4-42c4-9e5c-9ad4811c46f4@ipfire.org> From: Adolf Belka Content-Language: en-GB Cc: Matthias Fischer In-Reply-To: <0038d0e6-6ec4-42c4-9e5c-9ad4811c46f4@ipfire.org> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Michael and Matthias, On 08/06/2026 16:09, Matthias Fischer wrote: > On 08.06.2026 16:03, Michael Tremer wrote: >> Hello Matthias, > Hi Michael, > >>> On 8 Jun 2026, at 12:58, Matthias Fischer wrote: >>> >>> Hi all, >>> >>> I'd like to warm up an old problem...perhaps I found something like a >>> solution. >>> >>> The original problem is rather old - it dates from 2025-01-15. It still >>> can be found here: >>> https://marc.info/?l=ipfire-development&m=173691503411708 >>> >>> Once in a while I experienced the same problem like Jon - building >>> stopped suddenly: "./make.sh build goes into a loop and builds an item >>> forever." And it doesn't matter which item. Either the counter kept >>> running indefinitely, or it stopped displaying anything at all. >>> >>> That was pretty annoying. No errors, nothing in the logs. After stopping >>> the build with CTRL-C and restarting the whole build, usually everything >>> ran through and worked again as if nothing had happened. >>> >>> The last message often was just "make: Leaving directory '/usr/src/lfs'" >>> and that was all. >>> >>> Lastly I was thinking it might have something to do with counters. >>> So I changed "while sleep 1" to "while sleep 2" in 'make.sh'. Nothing more. >>> >>> Since then buildings are running without stopping anymore... >>> >>> Did anyone had similar problems? >> Very rarely. I think I have seen it before, but I cannot reproduce it at all. > Yep. It happens just now and then, you never know when and why... I also very occasionally get the same problem. I have also had it when doing a build on the IPFire aarch64 and riscv64 builder. >> I am happy to remove the timer entirely because it would be sufficient to see the build time after the package has finished building. > +1. You got my vote. The simpler, the better. >> Would anyone be opposed to that? > No. ;-) I have no problems with that. Regards, Adolf. > Best > Matthias > > -- Sent from my laptop