From mboxrd@z Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 Return-Path: Received: from mail02.haj.ipfire.org (localhost [IPv6:::1]) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 4gZbw170SWz2xSM for ; Tue, 09 Jun 2026 17:47:29 +0000 (UTC) Received: from mail01.ipfire.org (mail01.haj.ipfire.org [172.28.1.202]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange x25519 server-signature ECDSA (secp384r1 raw public key) server-digest SHA384 client-signature RSA-PSS (4096 bits) client-digest SHA256) (Client CN "mail01.haj.ipfire.org", Issuer "R12" (not verified)) by mail02.haj.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 4gZbvy4jXTz2xM3 for ; Tue, 09 Jun 2026 17:47:26 +0000 (UTC) Received: from [127.0.0.1] (localhost [127.0.0.1]) (using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (256/256 bits) key-exchange x25519 server-signature RSA-PSS (4096 bits) server-digest SHA256) (No client certificate requested) by mail01.ipfire.org (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 4gZbvx2vZfzbc for ; Tue, 09 Jun 2026 17:47:25 +0000 (UTC) DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=ed25519-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003ed25519; t=1781027245; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: content-transfer-encoding:content-transfer-encoding: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=0K3m4cJJbRnBN7g6UNh7fil/1wirx2oSJi/3I9sTCmI=; b=0mb94YXEI6EpdGwuvnfc1XL0cmFzMTc6UhV8UuRTiUmATdoX4pF4itYtxwTVuaqY55oE54 0yIoQy4Ux7RrRLBA== DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ipfire.org; s=202003rsa; t=1781027245; h=from:from:reply-to:subject:subject:date:date:message-id:message-id: to:to:cc:mime-version:mime-version:content-type:content-type: content-transfer-encoding:content-transfer-encoding: in-reply-to:in-reply-to:references:references; bh=0K3m4cJJbRnBN7g6UNh7fil/1wirx2oSJi/3I9sTCmI=; b=wXsr7fZKWVVnK/Uu+PuvLS3GxjYrNn9t7oIMoasremhrNMt86WYp2t8Rn/Ux+sVf9vDh2m vw5tZIuZZltFMYezd32bxTs4FgJur3q87Pk71alDRYzJ+ACv27Hr6Y+9auO6XLwWxxTO13 8bOKJ3h0zt1eOt9EvfJUb8rW0WyKeHgNdHN6Ci2NVjSqg/su1jW9xF+g6RsnGtQcRwBfRE 2a9q9rD2QwhXJslOunIHGyjS0GroZ3j5gw757SLLLbs8sRQrqckRFHgNnxlabmXuewC0Wt zWJVTlscm7wdgf/2iIfYjZvAE6ZafaZaEmoBK0HUxQwwmpEcEd9OogF/oj1F2Q== Message-ID: Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2026 19:47:18 +0200 Precedence: list List-Id: List-Subscribe: , List-Unsubscribe: , List-Post: List-Help: Sender: Mail-Followup-To: MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: Unending item build To: development@lists.ipfire.org References: <530a1f74-957c-4c3f-a3ea-7c5c0962bbae@ipfire.org> <7FD296B9-B63A-401D-8972-38C03D3E9F06@ipfire.org> <0038d0e6-6ec4-42c4-9e5c-9ad4811c46f4@ipfire.org> <92c47de1-a58e-4120-97b0-8b8f2b3014ee@ipfire.org> <19ea8294710.27e7.cac9d3ffac9e24d09d20af05166fd73b@ipfire.org> Content-Language: en-US From: Matthias Fischer In-Reply-To: <19ea8294710.27e7.cac9d3ffac9e24d09d20af05166fd73b@ipfire.org> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Hi all, Okay, I got my hopes up too soon — after about ten rounds with 'next' and several builds the build got stuck again today. This time it stopped while compiling a firmware update which needs about four seconds. Timer disappeared and nothing happens... So my 'sleep 2' fix looked good at first sight, worked for a few days, but didn't help, sorry. @Michael: How do I get rid of this d**** counter the fastest and easiest way...!? ;-) Best Matthias On 08.06.2026 18:55, Stefan Schantl wrote: > > Hi @all, > > I've also stumbled over this issue from time to time. > > So let's give the fix a try. > > Best regards, > > -Stefan > Am 8. Juni 2026 18:14:30 schrieb Adolf Belka : > >> Hi Michael and Matthias, >> >> On 08/06/2026 16:09, Matthias Fischer wrote: >>> On 08.06.2026 16:03, Michael Tremer wrote: >>>> Hello Matthias, >>> Hi Michael, >>> >>>>> On 8 Jun 2026, at 12:58, Matthias Fischer wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hi all, >>>>> >>>>> I'd like to warm up an old problem...perhaps I found something like a >>>>> solution. >>>>> >>>>> The original problem is rather old - it dates from 2025-01-15. It still >>>>> can be found here: >>>>> https://marc.info/?l=ipfire-development&m=173691503411708 >>>>> >>>>> Once in a while I experienced the same problem like Jon - building >>>>> stopped suddenly: "./make.sh build goes into a loop and builds an item >>>>> forever." And it doesn't matter which item. Either the counter kept >>>>> running indefinitely, or it stopped displaying anything at all. >>>>> >>>>> That was pretty annoying. No errors, nothing in the logs. After stopping >>>>> the build with CTRL-C and restarting the whole build, usually everything >>>>> ran through and worked again as if nothing had happened. >>>>> >>>>> The last message often was just "make: Leaving directory '/usr/src/lfs'" >>>>> and that was all. >>>>> >>>>> Lastly I was thinking it might have something to do with counters. >>>>> So I changed "while sleep 1" to "while sleep 2" in 'make.sh'. Nothing more. >>>>> >>>>> Since then buildings are running without stopping anymore... >>>>> >>>>> Did anyone had similar problems? >>>> Very rarely. I think I have seen it before, but I cannot reproduce it at all. >>> Yep. It happens just now and then, you never know when and why... >> >> I also very occasionally get the same problem. I have also had it when >> doing a build on the IPFire aarch64 and riscv64 builder. >>>> I am happy to remove the timer entirely because it would be sufficient to >>>> see the build time after the package has finished building. >>> +1. You got my vote. The simpler, the better. >>>> Would anyone be opposed to that? >>> No. ;-) >> >> I have no problems with that. >> >> Regards, >> >> Adolf. >>> Best >>> Matthias >> >> -- >> Sent from my laptop > >