Question concerning the IDS2016 log

R. W. Rodolico rodo at dailydata.net
Sat Sep 10 05:54:47 CEST 2016

Actually, I have 10+ systems running on Soekris machines, i586 32 bit
AMD Geode's. See http://soekris.com/products/net5501.html. These are
not end of life; they are currently being marketed for vpn
firewall/routers. I have some that have been running

I'm assuming they will not be able to be upgraded after a certain point?

That is sad, because these are very stable systems and run nicely with
very little memory and extremely low power.

One of the offices I use it at has 50+ employees, 40+ Mbit data line,
and some firewall rules built in, along with a site-to-site VPN and a
couple or Road Warriors.

All of these systems have pakinfo running on them, so you should see
them in the database. Fireinfo appears to show only 13% of the
firewalls out there are 64 bit? Am I reading that wrong?

But, I do see where ARM is not happening.

Rod

- --
Rod Rodolico
Daily Data, Inc.