suricata: error in 'convert-ids-modifysids-file' -

Matthias Fischer matthias.fischer at ipfire.org
Sun Jun 9 13:54:13 BST 2019

Hi,

being curious I tested the latest changes for 'suricata' from current
'next' and ran into the following error:

***SNIP***
root at ipfire: /usr # /usr/sbin/convert-ids-modifysids-file
Global symbol "%idssettings" requires explicit package name at
/usr/sbin/convert-ids-modifysids-file line 57.
Execution of /usr/sbin/convert-ids-modifysids-file aborted due to
compilation errors.
***SNAP***

Adding "my %idssettings=();" in line 27 seemed to fix this.

Could someone please check and confirm?

Best,
Matthias