Suggestion: add 'jannson'-libraries

Kienker, Fred fkienker at at4b.com
Sat Jun 15 17:07:43 BST 2019

These libraries are NOT optional with the current 133 build!

Upgrading an running C132 firewall system, I can duplicate this error.
Once again, commenting the 2> /dev/null saves the day. With the comment
removed, this message appears when trying to start Suricata:

/usr/bin/suricata: error while loading shared libraries:
libjansson.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory [ FAIL ]

Running:
find / -iname "libjansson*"
returns nothing.

Looks like a missing lib file.

Trying the suggested fix:

pakfire install jansson

PAKFIRE WARN: The pak "jansson" is not known. Please try running
"pakfire update".
PAKFIRE ERROR: No packages to install. Exiting...

Updating mine back to 132 and re-running the update did not help.

Best regards,
Fred