Suggestion: add 'jannson'-libraries

Matthias Fischer matthias.fischer at ipfire.org
Sat Jun 15 18:00:37 BST 2019

Hi,

On 15.06.2019 18:07, Kienker, Fred wrote:
> These libraries are NOT optional with the current 133 build!
>
> Upgrading an running C132 firewall system, I can duplicate this error.
> Once again, commenting the 2> /dev/null saves the day. With the comment
> removed, this message appears when trying to start Suricata:
>
> /usr/bin/suricata: error while loading shared libraries:
> libjansson.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory [ FAIL ]
>
> Running:
> find / -iname "libjansson*"
> returns nothing.
>
> Looks like a missing lib file.

Yep. On a fresh Core 133 install there should be two files in '/usr/lib':

/usr/lib/libjansson.so.4
/usr/lib/libjansson.so.4.11.1

> Trying the suggested fix:
>
> pakfire install jansson
>
> PAKFIRE WARN: The pak "jansson" is not known. Please try running
> "pakfire update".
> PAKFIRE ERROR: No packages to install. Exiting...

Right. I was wondering how this seemed to solve the problem. There is no
package for 'jansson'. For the Core upgrade they must be in the "filelists".

> Updating mine back to 132 and re-running the update did not help.

As I just see MT added these already here:
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire-2.x.git;a=tree;f=config/rootfiles/core/133/filelists;h=e5074f59f3bfa710920f224b9461c0c4215c3215;hb=refs/heads/core133

That means they're in the Core 133 upgrade since 75 min. ;-)

see:
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire-2.x.git;a=commit;h=bc051eac54375a7f90b1d157414610f58de8c34a

Best,
Matthias