IPFire 2.13 - Core Update 69

The IPFire Project ipfire-announce at lists.ipfire.org
Fri Jun 21 17:38:45 CEST 2013

http://www.ipfire.org/news/ipfire-2-13-core-update-69-released

Today, the IPFire development team released the 69th Core Update for
IPFire 2. This update comes with a new kernel and some minor
enhancements.

Before we start with the changelog, we would like to encourage you to
check out the advanced firewall GUI on the IPFire wishlist. We need your
help to get this done!
http://wishlist.ipfire.org/wish/advanced-firewall-gui

Kernel Update

The Linux kernel has been updated, to address several security issues
and other bugs.
The kernel is based on Linux 3.2.46 and comes with a newer wireless
stack from kernel 3.8.3.

Some wireless hardware has got better support in term of stability and
we have added some more drivers for several networking hardware like USB
ethernet adapters and so on. Please report any new hardware on the
corresponding hardware compatibility lists.

New boot menu

The install disk has got a new bootloader, where you now can install
other versions of IPFire as well. There are also some diagnostic tools
and other installation options available.

For more details, please see this post on the IPFire planet.
http://planet.ipfire.org/post/shiny-boot-image-boot-ipfire-org-reloaded

Turkish Translation

A brand new translation of the IPFire installer and Web User Interface
into the Turkish language has been added. Thanks for that to Ersan
Yildirim.

openssh (6.2p2), strace (4.7) and tcpdump (4.4.0) have been updated as
well.

We recommend that everyone updates to this version of IPFire as soon as
possible. Please reboot afterwards.

If you want to support the IPFire project, please head over to our
IPFire wishlist to support us!
http://wishlist.ipfire.org/