IPFire 2.19 - Core Update 108 released
The IPFire Project
ipfire-announce at lists.ipfire.org
Wed Dec 21 20:27:09 CET 2016
Just before Christmas, we are going to release the last Core Update for
2016. IPFire 2.19 – Core Update 108 brings some minor bug fixes and
feature enhancements, some security fixes in ntp and various fixes in
the squid web proxy.
Asynchronous logging is now enabled by default and not configurable any
more. This made some programs that wrote an extensive amount of log
messages slow down and possible unresponsive over the network which
causes various problems. This was seen on systems with very slow flash
media and virtual environments.
* The check that tests DNS servers for any misconfiguration assumed
some name servers being validating although they were not and very
likely not working at all. This has been fixed now and systems using
these broken name servers should fall back to recursor mode.
* A problem in the firewall GUI was fixed that prohibited adding an
IPsec VPN connection and OpenVPN connection with the same name to a
Updated Core Packages
* strongswan was updated to version 5.5.1 which fixes various bugs
* ntp was updated to version 4.2.8p9 which fixes various security
* ddns was updated to version 008
* nano, the text editor, was updated to version 2.7.1
* tor, the anonymity network, was updated to version 0.2.8.10
We are currently crowdfunding a Captive Portal for IPFire and would
like you to ask to check it out and support us !
Please help us to support the work on IPFire Project with your donation
More information about the IPFire-Announce