IPFire 2.19 - Core Update 112 released
The IPFire Project
ipfire-announce at lists.ipfire.org
Wed Aug 9 20:23:52 CEST 2017
This is the official release announcement for IPFire 2.19 – Core Update 112.
Unfortunately it is a little bit behind schedule.
This Core Update mainly comes with updates under the hood. Core system libraries
have been updated to new major versions and the build toolchain got major
updates. These are:
* glibc 2.25
* GNU Compiler Collection 6.3.0
* binutils 2.29
* Python 2.7.13
* ccache 3.3.4, bc 1.07.1, cmake 3.8.1, flex 2.6.4, fuse 2.9.7, boost 1.64.0,
gawk 4.1.4, gnutls 3.5.11, grep 2.27, libarchive 3.3.1, libgcrypt 1.7.7,
libgpg-error 1.27, libxml2 2.9.4, mdadm 4.0, openssl 1.0.2l, pkg-config
2.29.2, reiserfsprogs 3.6.25, SDL 1.2.15, squid 3.5.26, strongswan 5.5.3,
unbound 1.6.3, util-linux 2.28.2
* openvpn (2.3.17) has received some security updates that have been discovered
* A remote command execution vulnerarbility in ids.cgi has been closed with
could be used by authenticated users to run shell commands with non-superuser
* It is now possible to create networks in the firewall that are a subnet of any
of the internal zones.
* The toolchain and build scripts have also been cleaned up and improved.
* The IPFire netboot has been updated so that always the best architecture for a
system is used (i.e. the 64 bit version is installed when the system supports
* 7zip 16.02
* bird 1.6.3
* cyrus-imapd 2.5.11
* iperf 2.0.9
* directfb 1.7.7
* freeradius 3.0.14
* monit 5.23.0
* miniupnpd is now listening on GREEN by default
* tmux 2.5
* tor 3.0.8
* imspector and tcpick are not maintained upstream any more
We are currently crowdfunding a Captive Portal for IPFire  and would like you
to ask to check it out and support us!
Please help us to support the work on IPFire Project with your donation .
More information about the IPFire-Announce