IPFire 2.23 - Core Update 135 released
The IPFire Project
ipfire-announce at lists.ipfire.org
Wed Sep 4 19:10:12 UTC 2019
This is the official release announcement for IPFire 2.23 - Core Update 135, which is packed with a new kernel, various bug fixes and we recommend to install it as soon as possible.
The IPFire Linux kernel has been rebased on 4.14.138 and various improvements have been added. Most notably, this kernel - once again - fixes CPU vulnerabilities.
• On x86_64, the effectiveness of KASLR has been improved which prevents attackers from executing exploits or injecting code
• DNS: unbound has been improved so that it will take much less time to start up in case a DNS server is unavailable.
• Scripts that boot up IPFire have been improved, rewritten and cleaned up for a faster boot and they now handle some error cases better
• Updated packages: dhcpcd 7.2.3, nettle 3.5.1, squid 4.8, tzdata 2019b
• bird 2.0.4
• clamav 0.101.3
• iperf 2.0.13
• iperf3 3.7
• mc 4.8.23
• pcengines-firmware 220.127.116.11
More information about the IPFire-Announce