[IPFire Artwork] Design Request | Captive Portal

Maurice Gesswein zerpixelung at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:36:43 CET 2016

Hi

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Michael Tremer <michael.tremer at ipfire.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for not getting back earlier...
>
> On Mon, 2016-02-01 at 23:23 +0100, Maurice Gesswein wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > attached you find design/layout suggestions for all mentioned captive
> > portal websites.
>
> It looks great!

Happy to hear that :)

> > Some notes:
> > The layout is always the same. You are able to build one template
> > which can used for every site.
>
> That is handy.
>
> > The layout is very responsive friendly (smartphone, tablet) as you
> > can see at the access-voucher_360.jpg (standard Android phone size)
>
> > I strongly recommend to don't use scrollable content within a
> > scrollable page (see first 2 screenshots from Alex). You become crazy
> > if you want to navigate though that on a touch device.
>
> LOL
>
> > A specific header image can be used for every case.
>
> Okay, we need to build a way to upload that and possibly some
> specifications that we can give to people to design theirs in the right
> way.

Specs would be a recommended minimum width and height for the image.
Additionally an imagesize (KB) restriction. You don't want to load a 10MB
image ;) Resizing is handled by the mentioned code snippets or perhaps
Bootstap itself.

> > There are tiny and simple code snippets which scale the header image
> > for every size correctly. I'll check this out to provide you with
> > more detailed information.
> > Just checked getbootstrap.com. Seems to be that such a functionality
> > is already included.
>
> Cool.
>
> > A footer where you are able to promote IPFire ;)
>
> Always good.
>
> > Layout based on Bootstap 3
> > I used the color-theme for the upcoming new IPFire website and WebUI.
> > @Michael the bright red is not the new primary IPFire red ;) It's the
> > error-red. I'll show more about that soon.
> > I suggested new text for the errors. Maybe you like it :)
> >
> > Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
>
> There is nothing from me I would like to see changed. So I suppose that
> we can regard this as the final draft.
>
> Would you be up for arranging a telephone conference with Daniel &
> Alex, because I think that I have many questions regarding how we get
> from the draft to code :) How about Monday evening?

We can of course chat. Keep in mind that I'll provide - I call it "Guides"
- for you. It's kind of a construction plan or blueprint (font size,
colors, margins, paddings, etc). Maybe it's not really needed to chat
before you code anything. My guides should clear a lot of your questions.
Let me finish such a blueprint and you will let my know your thoughts :)

> Best,
> -Michael

Maurice