[IPFire Artwork] Website

Sven sven.hoehn at posteo.de
Tue Apr 11 14:47:14 CEST 2017

> On 11. Apr 2017, at 14:43, Maurice Gesswein <zerpixelung at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I agree. Good job so far Sven. Thanks.
>
> I see couple of more minor bugs I would like to fix. Can we please create a to-do list which can be edit and tracked by all involved people? Michael, can you set up something?

If Michael can add a new category for the website in the ipfire bugtracker, than we can add the issues there.

> At the moment I design some key viewports for the features page and the captive portal in parallel.
>
> Michael, if you want to implement new copies, images etc. let me know and I can design an additional or replacement for a section of the homepage.
>
> Best,
> Maurice
>
> Am 11.04.2017 12:26 nachm. schrieb "Michael Tremer" <michael.tremer at ipfire.org <mailto:michael.tremer at ipfire.org>>:
> Hi,
>
> so finally I took the time and had a close look at the current version of the
> website and I really really really like it so far.
>
> For me it mainly has some sort of soul. The old website was just blank and
> didn't really present things very well. It just delivered the plain content.
>
> Very well done guys.
>
> But this is only the start :) There is more ahead and I am really looking
> forward to present everything to our community soon!
>
> ----
>
> What I at the moment don't get from the website when I open it is that this is
> saying "firewall" in any sense. I don't mean just the word but visually stating
> this anywhere.
>
> It is not a big issue for me but at least in the block below we have to make
> this clearer what IPFire actually is. This doesn't have much to do with the
> design. This is just content.
>
> After a general introduction the reader gets to the latest news!
>
> And then how to support the project and contribute (at least financially here).
>
> Good flow.
>
> ----
>
> Overall I could not find any issues with the implementation so far.
>
> The mobile views look good. Most of the stuff that I do not like is content. We
> have to update this a bit.
>
> One thing is that the arrow at the bottom of the page that scrolls it down
> becomes invisible when hovering over it. Maybe it should become white when the
> background changes to red?
>
> And in the Wishlist section there is a line that says "86% funded" over the
> headline of the crowd funding name. This is a slightly lighter grey than the
> background and practically invisible.
>
> The link to the "Features" page is wrong on the top view. It points to: http://d <http://d/>
> ev.ipfire.org/featues <http://ev.ipfire.org/featues> (an r is missing).
>
> ----
>
> Regarding code:
>
> The CSS seems to be quite small (I like that a lot). However, how would that get
> translated from SCSS to CSS? Could you modify the Makefile so that this is done
> automatically when ever something has changed or so? I am not even sure what
> tools are required to build the CSS. Can we document that somehwere, too?

Small CSS? It has 5385 lines at the moment, is not that small :-) But in the live version I will compress the code.
For the CSS compilation I use a program called Codekit that complies the CSS every time I save the document.
But I will look for something that can do that step on the server.

> We need to do a spring clean then. Will we continue to use Font Awesome icons or
> the glyphicons? If not, bin them.

Only the icons made by Maurice as svg. No Font Awesome or glyphicons.