[IPFire Artwork] Reworking the donation page

Maurice Gesswein maurice.gesswein at ipfire.org
Mon Dec 4 00:25:40 CET 2017

Hi,

Changelog:

   - Viewport M for donation page added
   - Minor adjustments and fixed at XL and L
   - Alignment fixed at some icons (please replace these):
   - icon-varified
      - icon-varified-green
      - icon-wireless
      - icon-wireless-blue
      - icon-arrow-down
   - New icons added:
      - icon-lock
      - checkboxes
      - radiobuttons
      - amex
      - mastercard
      - visa
   - From Viewport M to XS the top navbar shows always a background. See
   "Homepage" and "Features" at Zeplin. That should simplify the code and
   avoid bugs I hope. Doesn't it? Please let me know.

Best, Maurice

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Maurice Gesswein <
maurice.gesswein at ipfire.org> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> due to personal reasons I was not able to spent that much time into the
>> donate page so far. This is an unfinished version in our biggest viewport.
>> Rest will follow asap.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nz2ktou84szrya0/Donate%20-%20XL.png?dl=0
>>
>> Best, Maurice
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Michael Tremer <
>> michael.tremer at ipfire.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I put together some ideas for the donation page. We have the problem
>>> that we
>>> basically get no donations any more outside of the wishlist and even
>>> those are
>>> frankly way too low. The don't even cover our cost.
>>>
>>> And since we a providing a good product here which saves people a lot of
>>> money
>>> we should not be afraid to ask for donations. Of course it is still free
>>> for
>>> everyone to donate or not, but some people need to be reminded that this
>>> possibility exists.
>>>
>>> So we will now add some new features: We will allow donations via credit
>>> card
>>> and standing order to make this really hassle-free and we will allow
>>> recurring
>>> donations because some people prefer to give a small amount each month
>>> instead
>>> of a big amount once a year.
>>>
>>> We will also remove the variety of currencies and just use EUR & USD and
>>> suggest
>>> depending on GeoIP which one is default. USD will be default for the US
>>> and
>>> Canada obviously, but we will try to encourage people to use EUR when
>>> ever
>>> possible since we pay less fees.
>>>
>>> Payment options are credit card & SEPA direct debit which support
>>> recurring
>>> donations. We don't support that with PayPal at the moment, but I think
>>> I will
>>> need to implement their API.
>>>
>>> I would like to suggest amounts to donate. That seems to be common
>>> practice. We
>>> should have 250, 100, 50, 25, 10 and a custom option where people can
>>> enter what
>>> ever they want. The minimum should be 1 (EUR/USD). If a recurring
>>> donation is
>>> picked, we should use some JS to halve the amount on those buttons.
>>>
>>> We have to get the full name and address of the person who donates for
>>> tax
>>> reasons and secondly to get the payments through because the credit card
>>> companies validate those against their own database.
>>>
>>> We will also collect the email address to get in touch with people.
>>>
>>> So in the end the process will look like this:
>>>
>>> 1) Person selects one-time/monthly payment, an amount by clicking on a
>>> button
>>> and selects the payment type. Click something like "Donate Now".
>>> 2) A form is shown to enter name, email & address.
>>> 3) Redirect to payment provider to enter credit card stuff, etc.