[IPFire Artwork] PSD from new Homepage

Maurice Gesswein zerpixelung at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:25:07 CET 2017

Don't worry about the delay :)

As far as I can remember I didn't created responsive versions of the IPFire
Website. It makes sense that these are at least almost done before Sven
starts with coding. I don't want that Sven has to guess the font sizes,
paddings, margins, line-height and so on. That's not his job :) So please
stay tuned for a proper handover. I'm sure that will help Sven a lot.

*@Sven*
Hey Sven, nice to meet you :)

I just want to give some information beforehand. You may already know that
but I just want to get sure that we are both on the same level.

My designs and layouts are based on a 8x8px grid (4x4px fallback) and are
Atomic Design driven. Touch Targets are at least 48x48px. In some edge
cases there might be less. Means that you will never see a "margin: 50px"
because 50 is not dividable by 8 or 4. I would very appreciate if you could
consider that within your code. That method provides a great support to
follow a consistent line. I'm pretty sure that I'll provide all designs via
zeplin.io. From that tool you will get (almost) every information you need.
Margins, paddings, colors, font size, etc.

Also I'm a big fan of Pattern Libraries. At least when it comes to the
IPFire WUI there will be a lot of pattern usage to save time on your side.

My strong guess is that it would make sense to have different Pattern
Libraries for the Website/FireInfo and WUI. But that is totally up to you
how to deal with that :) I think you already saw the first designs for the
WUI?

Hope that doesn't sound like an arrogant Designer. Believe me that one of
my most important goals is to make the DEVs life as comfortable as possible
by providing well prepared handovers. My experience with that is that we
will get a great output and a professional looking UI/Website.

Best, M