[IPFire Artwork] Reworking the donation page

Michael Tremer michael.tremer at ipfire.org
Wed Apr 25 13:02:21 BST 2018

Hello,

me again. I went ahead and made a few changes to the website.

This is mostly all backend:

* A bit of tidying up of some messy code or changes that don't change much:

https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=f2516db73f96057891fb6a69
c0351c2fac2676ef
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=98768e99ed1189c8cacc7744
0efc3e75c23e18aa
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=163348f5701f04d97fecc0c8
c9b688057b294ec1
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=22e0135f6f5d1f8cd8fd9540
b1c8c52ca0d1cce1
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=195d8eea7197e83e7b71616f
0632f5e2fb4452c5
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=a49b5422cd97e0f64fa9dc7b
47367d2bb16945ee
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=3e7c6ccdef6e5b63f9b01576
6cfb894931b43e65
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=14cd4fa8c6b4041ba0dd3c48
46561d50421d97f6
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=ba43a892f73a6b68bccdef23
bf9d28ac49557e4f

* I dropped the link to the Google Plus page. Nobody seems to be using that:

https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=962fdee989708535f3b160e3
814d9d7fe0cb2686

* And the bigger changes are those two:

https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=7c0605e89741c3b0792c0fe1
07459098ba248b7d
https://git.ipfire.org/?p=ipfire.org.git;a=commitdiff;h=e52b45b601f908e7bf4477f9
615ce674ce1de8da

The first one drops the wishlist. I do not think that it is wise to follow this
any more. We should rather encourage people to set up a recurring donation
instead of searching features that are interesting enough to donate some money
to because that takes money away from security-related things that are just not
very exciting for our users.

The second one drop the entire German translation. We still have a lot of work
ahead of us and I am going to improve some of the texts, but I cannot afford the
time to do this for German as well. Nobody seems to care about a localized
website anyways since the wiki is only English for a while.

Please let me know your comments.

I also merged everything from your branch together with the changes to the
website in the meantime. Sven, please continue working on that branch now.

You can do this as follows:

  git fetch origin
  git reset --hard origin/next

And then just keep committing and pushing to your repository as usual. The first
push needs to overwrite the old branch:

  git push shoehn +master

The plus sign overwrites all changes in the old branch.