[IPFire Artwork] Blog aka Planet

Maurice Gesswein maurice.gesswein at ipfire.org
Tue Jun 12 23:23:45 BST 2018

Hey Michael,

One comment about my first impression: Isn't it a bit dark when the
> background
> isn't white? I don't find it bad or anything, just unexpected.

The contrast is high enough for a very good reading experience. The same
bgcolor and copy text color is used on the homepage, feature and donate
page as well.

But I did a next version which uses the same layout as the Features page.
https://app.zeplin.io/project/58cb0217f2317d48c7a802f2/dashboard?seid=5b0dc889d80aa1886ae77309

Still work in progress! Further viewports will follow.

Is there a reason that I have missed why this should all be merged together?

It's not a good user experience if one single "service" (the IPFire
application) has a different navigation (header) for each subdomain.
Mirror, downloads, planet, talk, forum, etc are only reachable from the
footer of the mainpage or by typing the URL directly. I would expect the
same navigation on all pages. This would make it a lot easier to navigate
and find things faster.

For now I kept the Planet navigation but I merged the content of
ipfire.org/news and planet.ipfire.org. In my opinion ipfire.org/news should
now redirect to planet.ipfire.org. Than we would have only one destination
for the announcements.

If I didn't miss something the blog owns 5 different kinds of pages:

   1. All articles
   2. Article list view (e.g. Hottest posts and 2018)
   3. Single article
   4. Posts of a single user
   5. Search results

If you agree with all of that my next steps will be providing the missing
viewports and a text formatting sheet.

Best,
Maurice