[IPFire Artwork] DSGVO compliant?

Michael Tremer michael.tremer at ipfire.org
Mon Jun 18 10:46:42 BST 2018

Hi,

GDPR (or DSGVO in German) is mainly about personal data like someone's name,
address, etc.

Fireinfo does not fall into that category and therefore is fine.

However, yes, we should not load anything from any external web server. I
recently did that for the LWL website and it doesn't harm performance of the
website at all.

We should not load jQuery and other JS libraries as well as fonts from external
servers. We do not even set any cookies or have any other tracking mechanisms
active.

I updated the disclaimer text recently and that covers all the rest regarding
essential information being on there.

So all in all, this is another reason why we need to be quick with delivering
the new website :)

Thanks for thinking about this. GDPR affects many things now and needs to be
considered with anything that is being done.