location db mismatch

Martin Gebhardt (Die LINKE.) martin.gebhardt at linkspartei.org
Wed Jan 26 04:17:20 UTC 2022

Hello Peter,

through me the topic came up here, originally my question was asked to
the tor-relay operator list, because in the metrics a wrong location was
given.

I work at Anexia, specifically for netcup in Karlsruhe. Our datacenter
and AS197540 is in Nuremberg.

Meanwhile, as you wrote, we are part of Anexia in Austria. This made new
products possible for us.

https://www.netcup.de/vserver/root-server-vienna/

(I don't know why this page is only available in german..)

On 1/25/22 19:15, Peter Müller wrote:
[..]> This is because German hoster netcup GmbH claims to be located
solely in Germany - quoted
> from https://www.netcup.eu/ueber-netcup/rechenzentrum.php:
>
>> The infrastructure of the netcup GmbH is located in Nuremberg, Germany.

I will open a ticket with the responsible team to change the statement
there.

[..]
>> inet6num:       2a04:b500::/29
>> netname:        CH-HOSTSTAR-20140224
>> country:        CH
>> org:            ORG-MNA17-RIPE
>> admin-c:        HSTR13
>> tech-c:         HSTR13
>> status:         ALLOCATED-BY-RIR
>> mnt-by:         RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
>> mnt-by:         HSTR-FBR
>> mnt-routes:     HSTR-FBR
>> mnt-routes:     NETCUP-MNT
>> created:        2014-02-24T07:07:25Z
>> mnt-domains:    NETCUP-MNT
>> mnt-domains:    HSTR-FBR
>> last-modified:  2017-01-18T12:26:29Z
>> source:         RIPE # Filtered

This customer itself is based in Switzerland. Their website tells us
that their servers are located in Germany.

https://www.hoststar.ch/en/hosting/product-comparison (Dropdown
"Hosting", then "Server location")

Here a manual overwrite is correct.

[..]> Do you happen to have further information on this, especially
related to 89.58.16.0/22?

See https://www.netcup.de/vserver/root-server-vienna/
These are the servers that are really located in Vienna.

This also concerns 2a0a:4cc0::/40

I hope I could clarify a little bit.

Thanks and regards,
Martin