Pre-release announcement for IPFire 2.19 - Core Update 120

Michael Tremer michael.tremer at ipfire.org
Wed Jul 25 13:30:09 BST 2018

Hello editors,

this is a pre-announcement email to all editors out there who write about
IPFire. We would like to let you know, that we are planning to release the next
major release, IPFire 2.21 next Monday, Jul 30 between 10:00 and 14:00 UTC.

We are sending you this announcement to give you some time to prepare a news
article about this new release of IPFire to help us make IPFire better-known and
of course to make our existing users aware of this exciting new update being
ready to be installed.

The changelog can be found here:

  https://planet.ipfire.org/post/ipfire-2-21-core-update-121-is-available-for-testing

This release rebases IPFire on the latest long-term supported kernel, Linux 4.14
which brings better security, performance and stability. Throughput has been
increased in many scenarios and latency of the firewall engine has been reduced.

We also deploy mitigation against Meltdown & Spectre.

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

We will send you the final announcement when the update is officially released.

Thank you very much for supporting our project!

Best regards,
-Michael