Pre-release announcement for IPFire 2.21 - Core Update 124

Michael Tremer michael.tremer at ipfire.org
Sat Oct 6 16:49:40 BST 2018

Hello editors,

this is a pre-announcement email to all editors out there who write about
IPFire. We would like to let you know, that we are planning to release the next
major release, IPFire 2.21 next Monday, Oct 15 between 10:00 and 14:00 UTC.

We are sending you this announcement to give you some time to prepare a news
article about this new release of IPFire to help us make IPFire better-known and
of course to make our existing users aware of this exciting new update being
ready to be installed.

The changelog can be found here:

  https://planet.ipfire.org/post/ipfire-2-21-core-update-124-is-available-for-testing

In this release, we updated and hardened our kernel, OpenSSH and Unbound and
added support for EFI systems. Additionally, IPFire is now available on AWS:

  https://www.lightningwirelabs.com/2018/10/06/launching-ipfire-on-aws

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

We will send you the final announcement when the update is officially released.

Thank you very much for supporting our project!

Best regards,
-Michael