Pre-release announcement for IPFire 2.21 - Core Update 129

Michael Tremer michael.tremer at ipfire.org
Wed Apr 3 22:09:58 BST 2019

Hello editors,

this is a pre-announcement email to all editors out there who write about
IPFire. We would like to let you know, that we are planning to release the next
IPFire release, IPFire 2.21 Core Update 129 next Monday, April 8th between 10:00
and 14:00 UTC.

We are sending you this announcement to give you some time to prepare a news
article about this new release of IPFire to help us make IPFire better-known and
of course to make our existing users aware of this exciting new update being
ready to be installed. We are very grateful for your support for our project!

The changelog can be found here:

 https://blog.ipfire.org/post/ipfire-2-21-core-update-129-is-ready-for-testing

In this release brings many extensions to the IPsec stack including support for
GRE/VTI tunnels and transport mode as well as many more smaller changes.

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

We will send you the final announcement when the update is officially released.

Thank you very much for supporting our project!

Best regards,
-Michael