Pre-release announcement for IPFire 2.23- Core Update 132

Michael Tremer michael.tremer at ipfire.org
Tue Jun 4 09:46:37 BST 2019

Hello editors,

this is a pre-announcement email to all editors out there who write about
IPFire. We would like to let you know, that we are planning to release the next
IPFire release, IPFire 2.23 Core Update 132, this Friday, June 7th, between
10:00 and 14:00 UTC.

We are sending you this announcement to give you some time to prepare a news
article about this new release of IPFire to help us make IPFire better-known and
of course to make our existing users aware of this exciting new update being
ready to be installed. We are very grateful for your support for our project!

The changelog can be found here:

  https://blog.ipfire.org/post/ipfire-2-23-core-update-132-is-available-for-testing

This release is a security update that comes with a new Linux kernel and
Automatically will disable SMT (aka Intel Hyper-Threading) by default on
vulnerable systems:

  https://blog.ipfire.org/post/security-announcement-disabling-smt-by-default-on-affected-intel-processors

In this release, we also introduced some new features for the Wireless
Access Point add-on as well as fixing a variety of other bugs.

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

We will send you the final announcement when the update is officially released.

Thank you very much for supporting our project!

Best regards,
-Michael