Pre-release announcement for IPFire 2.21 - Core Update 128

Michael Tremer michael.tremer at ipfire.org
Thu Mar 7 10:38:46 GMT 2019

Hello editors,

this is a pre-announcement email to all editors out there who write about
IPFire. We would like to let you know, that we are planning to release the next
IPFire release, IPFire 2.21 Core Update 128 next Wednesday, March 14 between 10:00
and 14:00 UTC.

We are sending you this announcement to give you some time to prepare a news
article about this new release of IPFire to help us make IPFire better-known and
of course to make our existing users aware of this exciting new update being
ready to be installed. We are very grateful for your support for our project!

The changelog can be found here:

  https://blog.ipfire.org/post/ipfire-2-21-core-update-128-is-ready-for-testing

In this release, we updated the our Linux kernel and have upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1
in order to introduce support for TLS 1.3 throughout the whole system. Furthermore
we have tuned the throughput of the system on powerful hardware.

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

We will send you the final announcement when the update is officially released.

Thank you very much for supporting our project!

Best regards,
-Michael