Pre-release announcement for IPFire 2.23- Core Update 137

Michael Tremer michael.tremer at ipfire.org
Tue Nov 12 12:03:03 UTC 2019

Hello editors,

this is a pre-announcement email to all editors out there who write about
IPFire. We would like to let you know, that we are planning to release the next
IPFire release, IPFire 2.23 Core Update 137, this Friday, November 15th, between
10:00 and 14:00 UTC.

We are sending you this announcement to give you some time to prepare a news
article about this new release of IPFire to help us make IPFire better-known and
of course to make our existing users aware of this exciting new update being
ready to be installed. We are very grateful for your support for our project!

The changelog can be found here:

 https://blog.ipfire.org/post/ipfire-2-23-core-update-137-is-available-for-testing

This release comes with a redesigned QoS which boost performance on smaller
hardware:

  https://blog.ipfire.org/post/on-quadrupling-throughput-of-our-quality-of-service

This release also ships many updates under the hood. Most importantly a new
release of the IPFire kernel based on Linux 4.14.

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

We will send you the final announcement when the update is officially released.

Thank you very much for supporting our project!

Best regards,
-Michael