libloc 0.9.17 released
michael.tremer at ipfire.org
Mon Jul 31 17:09:39 UTC 2023
This is the release announcement for libloc 0.9.17. It comes with the following changes:
* The importer is now parsing Geofeeds where available. This helps us to create a database with better accuracy for large ISPs or cloud providers.
* The database writer is trying to compress the database harder: It will now look for any duplicate networks and merge neighbouring networks which will reduce the size of the database by about half.
* The importer has been improved so that it runs more efficient SQL queries to create the database faster.
* Temuri Doghonadze contributed a Georgian translation.
* Hans-Christoph Steiner contributed bash-completion for the location(8) command.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this release.
You can find the source here:
More information about the Location